- What is Anaplan,
- Features of Anaplan, Structure of Anaplan,
- How to create a Model in Anaplan?
- How to insert a new version?
- How to create a list?
- How to create a module.What are Line items.
- Cloud Based: It allows users to access software applications which are shared In Memory.
- In Memory processing: To meet Business needs Anaplan maintains In Memory Database.
- App Hub: Common use cases are available in the hub to retrieve them whenever needed i.e. for future use.
- Data Integration: Import and Export of data is performed with different types of data sources.
- Multi-dimensional Planning: It can build any number of models irrespective of any level of granularity.
Fig 2: Anaplan Structure
- Models can be built to any level of granukarity with any number of dimensions
- A model is a collection of lists,modules and dashboard that are all used for a area of business planning .
- Login into your Anaplan account.
- In the upper right corner of the main screen, click the drop-down right of your name and now select the manage models. Below is the following screenshot.
- Click on Manage Models
- Click New
- In the new model dialog box, give the model name for example (MTSales). Next in the template drop down list ensure that it is empty model is selected
- Click create model. Once model is created model name will be displayed Upper left corner
- Select the calendar type
- Fiscal year start month we gave here is Jan
- Current Fiscal Year: How many years we want to have the model can be given according to the requirement
- Number of past and future years can be given.
- Current period we gave is mar19
- Ensure that how you want to see the data and click on the radio buttons as required, quarter totals and year to date summary are tick marked.
- Click on Apply
- Switchover:It handles current period actuals, forecast & etc.
- We can write the formula as well for any Version.
- When we want to insert a new version, click on the insert and in the dialogue box give the version name for example version1.
- Click ok.
- Lists are important in Anaplan as they define structure and content of a model
- In the model settings tab ->general Lists
- Click on the organization, add the new items: example shown in the above screen shot (North, South, East, and West)
- Click on Ok.
- The above screen shot shows how the children looks in Organization after insterting them.
- In the model settings tab ->Click modules
- Dialogue box with empty module name
- For example, here we gave new module name Sales Analysis.
- Dimensions can be drag & drop in pages ,columns according to how you want to visualize the data.
- Click Ok
- Example you can create line item1,line item2 by manually or you can copy and paste from the text file
- Values can be entered into the cells.
Mouri Tech Pvt Ltd.